Frequently Asked Questions
The Dos and Don'ts of Eyelash Extensions (They Cost A Fortune, But These Tips Are Free)
- What are the benefits of extensions?
- Wake up every morning with beautiful and fresh looking eyes, not having to be a slave to your mascara and eyelash curler anymore.
- Eyelash extensions saves you time in the morning.
- Make your eyes pop, even behind glasses.
- Eyelash extensions can give your eyes the appearance of an eyelift, without actually having surgery.
- With customized colors and lengths, lash extensions can enhance your eyes.
- Before the procedure, what preparation is involved?
- Remove all makeup from eye area including eyelash strips/tabs, mascara and eyeliner.
- Cleanse your lashes thoroughly removing all oils, dirt particles and mascara.
- Remove contacts before your appointment.
- What care is required after the procedure?
- Do not allow lashes to get wet within the first 24 - 48 hours of application; this is to allow the glue to properly dry.
- Avoid hot steam rooms, sauna rooms and tanning salons for the first 48 hours after your application as the contact of the heat and moisture may weaken the lash extensions .
- Gently wash lashes (do not brush lashes while wet), Do not pick or pull them, Refrain from excessive rubbing.
- By not properly washing your lashes, natural oils and sweat build up may cause synthetic lash to slip off.
- Use of eye makeup removers containing P.E.G. (polyethylene glycol), propylene glycol, or any other glycol-based ingredients will result in failure of lashes to bond. Water based eye makeup remover is suggested.
- Avoid mascara as repeated use of even water soluble mascara may shorten the life of the lashes.
- Mechanical or heated eyelash curlers are not recommended on synthetic lash extensions.
- Use eye creams sparingly and avoid lash/lid area. Careless use of eye creams and moisturizers can result in a shorter life span for lashes.
- Touch ups are recommended every 2 to 4 weeks.